Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Week 01.44 - Timm's Hill

"Ayden, you will keep me safe in the woods right?"

What trip to the Cabin would be complete without a trip up Timm's Hill?  Ayden wanted to stop on the bench on the side of the trail to get a picture taken of the two of them.  She sure looks up to him.  Fun fact, Timm's Hills is the highest point in Wisconsin, measuring at 1,951.5 feet above sea-level. 

Bonus Photos:

"Good story Grandpa, but I don't think Bailey understands it."

Just your average September afternoon in Tomahawk, Wisconsin.

"Elmo in Grouchland is scary.  No Like It!"

Paige and Ayden snuggled up to watch Elmo in Grouchland.  Paige ended up getting a little scared, and declared that she  was "Scared. No like it."

"Boy, kind of along way down from here..."

Paige made it up a few flights of the tower at the top of Timm's Hill, but not quite the whole way.  Maybe next year.

"Run!  Run!  So Mr. Beardsley, are you faster than my Daddy?"

Valerie ran her first half-marathon, (which is somewhat of a personal victory given our last attempt was horribly ruined last Halloween)  the Dick Beardsley Half Marathon in Detroit Lakes, MN.  My Dad, Valerie and I all ran the half, and Paige and my Mom walked the 5K.  All in all it was a very successful day.  And yes, Paige, Dick Beardsley is a little bit faster than I am.  Just a bit.

1 comment:

Stephanie + David said...

The cabin pictures are awesome! I love that Paige and Ayden are so close... that's just great!

And way to go Val on the half marathon! Whoo hoo!