Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 53 - Extreme Close Up - Woooaaaahh, Wooooaaaahhh

"I'm Kinda Tired, Time For Bed."

Well, this shot is officially the first shot with my new lens that I received for Christmas. The Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D AF, and although I've been told nobody wants to hear me blab about camera lenses, well... too bad. It is a fantastic lens, but it is going to be quite a challenge. It doesn't auto focus on my camera, since the Nikon D40 does not have a focus motor in it. It relies on silent wave motors in the new Nikon Lenses. Slowly but surely I am learning to manual focus. I mean, people managed to take pictures with manual focus for 100 years, i should be able to as well. Granted they had nice things like split prisms to assist in focusing, but meh. I seem to be doing ok.

No comments: